Alongside my main interests in medical ethics, advancing technology and issues of science and faith, I also teach and write about the historic Christian faith. In particular, I try to build a conceptual bridge between the technological and ethical issues of the modern world and the world of the orthodox Christian faith.
Along with my son, the journalist Tim Wyatt, I also run a podcast called Matters of Life and Death, which seeks to help Christians navigate and respond to issues in healthcare, ethics, science, technology and more. Find out more and listen to the latest episodes here.
You can find talks, sermons and other resources focused on the Christian faith that I have uploaded below:
- Talk: Responding to evil in God’s world
- Talk: The big picture – Understanding the great narratives of our time
- Talk: Dependence, disability and dementia
- Article: Caring in the light of eternity – Dementia and aging as followers of Jesus
- Talk: Is there a morally right way to live?
- Talk: If God loves us why do we suffer?
- Talk: Bringing (im)mortality to light – How Christians can engage with issues around death
- Series of lectures: The unchanging person of Jesus Christ
- Talk: The free and uncoerced costly love of God
- Talk and discussion: Quick to listen – lessons from John Stott on grace under fire
- Talk: Living Biblically integrated lives
- Podcast: John Stott – Double listening, salt as preservative, incarnational mission, and the challenge of evangelical hagiography
- Interview and talk: The John Stott Centenary – Equipping the people of God for ministry
- Essay: Christianity in a time of plague
- Webinar: The history of the church in times of plague
- Podcast: Digital church – Worship on Zoom, pandemic revival, time-shifting and Gnosticism
- Essay: Signs and symptoms of unhealthy perfectionism
- Essay: How to be a recovering perfectionist
- Interview: The life and legacy of John Stott
- Talk: Rhythms of fruitfulness – Building patterns of rest into our lives
- Article: How to have hope in the face of coronavirus
- Webinar: Christian ethics during Covid-19 for doctors and nurses
- Talk: Following Christ in medicine today
- Article: The fellowship of suffering
- Article: The doctor’s worldview
- Talk: Being a ‘game-changer’ as a Christian in science and healthcare
- Talks: Ambition, resilience and presence as a junior doctor in today’s NHS
- Article: The machine will see you now – Christian responses to technological advancements in medicine
- Radio reflection: A neonatologist’s view of Christmas
- Talk: Neonatology and Christmas
I’m a regular speaker at churches and Christian conferences. Go to my events page to find out if I am speaking near you, or click here to contact me if you would like to book me to speak at your event.